I finished my first ever toe up sock. I used a combo of patterns through out the internet. I’m not sure the exact pattern. It’s a basic toe up stockinette stitch sock, over 56 stitches, with a badly knitted short roe heel. I don’t even remember what toe cast on I used, but it didn’t use a provisional cast on (I don’t think!)
It’s been a while since I started these and I’m happy they are done. The yarn is trekking that I bought over a year ago.
I didn’t quite use all the yarn. I got so tired of knitting them and I was happy with the length. I didn’t have any problem with bind off. After 10 rows of 2x ribbing I used a larger size needle and knitted around once. Then using that same size needle I did a stretchy bind of that I’ve learned from doing shawls. Knit 2, knit those 2 stitches together through back loop, k1, k2togtbl etc. No problem at all with the bind off edge, in fact it might be a bit to
I’m still working on my Rose of England ‘shawl’ I’m on the last section and there are over 800 stitches each row. It takes quite a bit of time to finish a row and I hope I have enough yarn to get to the end of the section and bind off!
I really want to knit Icarus, but I’ve promised that I can’t start it until I finish my Christmas knitting. Let’s see how well I keep that promise!